So Andrew and I went on a real bonafide road trip the weekend of October 10th because I was in a wedding. One of my roommates from college was the bride -->
(We were a little bit weird back in the day :-P)
The wedding was in Conway, PA, and since we had to be in town the night before for the rehearsal dinner, it meant we had to get a hotel.
That was surreal, let me tell you. It was our first time in a hotel together, in Monaca, PA (which I pronounced wrong all weekend - I said it like Monica and it's actually "mo-NAH-kuh"). But it was fun being all grown-up and staying somewhere together because we can do that now!
The hotel was very nice; there were different black and white area pictures next to all the room numbers. Very cute. And there were even random pictures and phrases inside the elevator doors! (See below.) We forgot our swimming stuff though, so we couldn't use the pool. Not that we had time! It was a very fun travel experience for us though, albeit a short one. Road trips with Andrew are a blast, and he does all the driving! It's a good thing too, because on the way home my feet were killing me from the 3 inch heels I wore for the wedding... and I don't wear and kind of heels ever. Bad idea. But they looked great and the maid of honor and I were looking great in our short green dresses with our hair all done up pretty.
So that was our last wedding of '09, and now we get to spend our energy on rearranging the apartment and getting some new items for it, like a couch and a laptop for me. Almost three months into our marriage and I'm loving every minute of it - I'm looking forward to the future!


No comments:
Post a Comment