Saturday, October 3, 2009

October = Fall

Although it was officially autumn on September 22, I never quite accept the changing of the season until October rolls around. Now it's here, which means I'm breaking out the hoodies, buying apple cider and doughnut holes (my favorite fall snack), and thoroughly enjoying the leaves changing colors.



Andrew and I just took a road trip down to southwestern PA so I could get fitted for my bridesmaid dress for my last wedding of '09. We had a great time watching the scenery going down I-79, although we realized we're never going to be able to live in Pittsburgh because we had driving on their crazy hills. I guess we'll be staying here for at least awhile. That's okay with me, because Erie is a pretty awesome place to live, if you disregard the horrible winters.



So I will enjoy the pleasant bit of fall we're going to have until the first snowfall, which is when I'll curl up into a ball and hibernate for all of winter (or at least that's what I'd like to do!).

3 comments:

  1. So um, that's pretty much where I grew up on your 2nd picture. Actually the exit before that was Center and I lived about 3 minutes from there growing up! :) That's exciting!

    OOOH and I love Erie and Fall and Winter and Spring. . . summer is evil though. Yay Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, i guess i took the picture at a good time! i was actually trying to get a picture of the truck that said POPCORN in huge letters, because it made me laugh.

    summer isn't evil! it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trip was fantastic, but could have used more popcorn.

    ReplyDelete