A wonderful thing about marriage is that you have someone who cares where you are. I mean, my parents always wanted to know where I was when I lived at home, but it's different than that with marriage. Now I have someone I share a bed with, and it always feels empty if I go to bed before my husband does. While sometimes I like to have alone time, ultimately I feel amazingly blessed to have someone that cares about me no matter what, and who I know will be there if I need him. Love really is a wonderful thing. Of course, nothing is perfect, and even newlyweds have spats, but I know I always want to make up immediately afterward, because everything is brighter when we're on the same side.
So, seven weeks into my marriage, and I am still giddy that I am married to my best friend. We're weird, and that's all right, because we love each other and we have each other to talk to about our weirdness. It seems like we haven't quite yet had time to sit back and fully take in this whole "being married" thing. Life doesn't stop, even though you may want it to so you can stand back and look at everything that's happening. So every now and then, one of us will look at the other and say, "Hey, guess what? We're
married." And the other one is like, "No, surely not, no." But we
are! And it's
great! I wonder when it will fully sink in, or if it ever will. Maybe one day I won't say the word "husband" like I'm tasting a new food that's both strange and delicious. Perhaps at some point I won't find it amazing that I don't have to go to my parents' house at the end of the night. But right now, it's all still unbelievable. But it's true. God brought me together with my stud of a husband, and I am thankful for such an awesome blessing.
Where is the "Like" button???
ReplyDelete